Fri, 11 Nov|
Balance for Life Yoga & Wellness Retreat
Restorative, Yin Yoga & Meditation Retreat - 1 Place Available
Yin Yoga is a delicious practice that helps to heal your heart and mind. It allows us time to sit within ourselves, to just be still, and to notice what the body and mind are telling us.
Time & Location
11 Nov 2022, 2:00 pm ACST – 13 Nov 2022, 2:30 pm ACST
Balance for Life Yoga & Wellness Retreat, 392 Mermaid Circuit, Dundee Beach NT 0840, Australia
About The Event
2:30pm Welcome Drink and Opening Circle
3:00pm Free Time / Massages
5:30pm Yin Yoga for the Spine
8:30pm Restorative Yoga and Meditation for a good night's sleep
6:30am Optional Sunrise breathwork
7:00am Yin Yoga for Shoulders & Neck
9:30am Free time / Massage
1:00pm Free time / Massage
4:00pm Yin Yoga for the Hips
8:00pm Evening Meditation Session
7:00am Breathwork & Meditation
9:00am Free Time / Massage
11:30am Restorative Yoga for Freedom of Movement
2:00pm Closing Circle
Please note: Itinerary and times are subject to change.
What is Restorative Yoga?
Restorative Yoga gives us the time in asana (pose) to open the body with the use of supportive props and correct
Classes also include pranayama (breathwork) to encourage an even deeper state of awareness.
- Balances the hormonal (endocrine) system
- Soothes the nervous system
- Replenishes our energy system
- Tones reproductive organs (both for women and men)
- Promotes healthy menstruation, pre and post menopause
- Calms the mind and encourages mindfulness, helping to relieve mild anxiety
- Nourishes the digestive system
- Restorative poses will leave you feeling nourished and well rested. These classes are a means of allowing you to just ‘stop and be’.
- These poses support us and allow us to relax our grip on whatever our minds and bodies are holding tightly, so that we can rest, renew and build vitality.
- From my Yoga teaching experience – the less you do the more powerful and transformational your practice will be.
So why Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is amazing. It slowly releases the tightness in our bodies through its focused stretches and soothes our nervous systems with its meditative quality. It's used to stimulate the meridian lines of Traditional Chinese Medicine, it mildly streses joints (in a good way!) and it adds a tensile load to connective tissue (through its long holds). This applied and targeted tensile load "triggers a complex cellular process that results in an adaptation."
In Yin, we're ultimately trying to repattern fascial matrices and healthily stress connective tissues in order to strengthen them and make them more adaptable to change and the pressures of eveyday life.
So, Yin does a lot of good for the body and the mind. "Optimal variability in human movement is a characteristic of healthy functioning." So why not bring some benefits of variable movement into our lives.
Yin Yoga provides a safe place for your mind and body to enter into and consequently gain greater personal growth.
Carole, your traine,r is a qualified Master Trainer and has been teaching for over 20 years. This is a great opportunity to learn from someone with many years of experience in the yoga industry. She is a member of Fitness Australia.
Your Balance for Life experience includes:
- 5 Yin Yoga classes
- Optional massage (additional cost)
- Meditation & Breathwork sessions
- 2 nights accommodation
- 6 nutritional & delicious plant-based meals
- Herbal teas and coffee
- Optional massage (additional cost)
Our Food for your Soul meals on this retreat are sattvic - meaning it brings peace and enhances the wellbeing of the body, mind and spirit. Your meals will be colourful, beautiful in flavour with aesthetic appeal and plentiful. We believe food should be sustainable, pure and real - supporting and nourishing your body and mind to cleanse and heal.
We will make every effort to accommodate food allergies (i.e. gluten, vegetarian etc), however we will do the best can to cater for your needs.
For safety reasons we are unable to accept guests who have a fatal allergy to any foods. We are not equipped to serve separate meals and as the closest hospital is 2 hours away we prefer not to put anyone at risk.
As soon as you click on tickets above you are well on your way to looking out for number 1 - that's you!
Getting Ready to go
What to Pack
- You may wish to bring your own ‘special’ pillow
- 2-4 sets of workout gear (shorts and sports tops) as a minimum and 2 pairs of shoes (1 old pair, just in case one pair gets wet).
- Comfortable stretch pants and fitted T’s
- Yoga Mat (Balance for Life can supply a mat if you do not have your own.
- Raincoat (wet season)
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Warmer clothes (dry season)
Balance for Life will always make ‘healthy snacks’ however please feel free to pack some of your own ‘special’ snacks and beverages.
Free time is allocated each day so you may wish to bring a book or craft.
Staying in touch
Telstra is the only mobile reception in Dundee.
Ensure you have 1 lockable bag for your valuables.
"Be prepared to challenge yourself, have a lot of fun and most importantly pack an open mind and a belly full of laughs! You are about to have a very unique Territory experience".
Benefits of Massage: - Eases muscle pain - Improves circulation - Better quality sleep - Helps reduce anxiety and depression - Reduces stress levels$85.00
Twin Share - Guest 1
Your Balance for Life experience includes: - 2 nights accommodation - 6 delicious & healthy meals. Accommodation: 2 king single beds. The following are not included in your package: - Dundee transfers – if required please contact Balance for Life - Bottled drinks such as soft drinks Participant must read and fully understand the Terms and Conditions.$597.00
This retreat is currently full, however please complete the booking form and Balance for Life will contact you if a place becomes available.$0.00