Fri, 10 Dec|
Balance for Life Yoga & Wellness Retreat
Restorative Yoga, Meditation & Breathwork Retreat - 1 Room Remaining
Completely unwind and "stop and be" and feel your daily stresses melt away. If you would like to take advantage of a Juice Cleanse, this is also available on this retreat. 10 Signs that you need Restorative Yoga in your Life - see below
Time & Location
10 Dec 2021, 2:00 pm ACST – 12 Dec 2021, 2:30 pm ACST
Balance for Life Yoga & Wellness Retreat, 392 Mermaid Circuit, Dundee Beach NT 0840, Australia
About The Event
No matter what your age, meditation is one of the easiest ways to improve your health. Research at the Medical
College of Georgia found that meditation lowered blood pressure and reduced the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Additional studies have demonstrated meditation can reduce chronic pain, decrease levels of stress and pain in
cancer patients, and reduce symptoms in patients with fibromyalgia.
Other studies have indicated meditation may reduce the levels of cortisol, a hormone that in high levels can weaken the immune system and slow down healing. Results from a small study conducted in 1998 with patients suffering from psoriasis lesions indicated meditation can speed up the body’s natural healing process. Some studies have even suggested meditation can help in the prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease.
Carole is a qualified Meditation Teacher. Her teaching methodology is to ‘keep it simple’ starting at
the basics and then progressing at an achievable pace.
10 Signs That You Need Restorative Yoga in Your Life
- You have a hard time falling asleep at night.
- Any sudden movements send a wave of pain throughout your body.
- You feel tired when you wake up in the morning.
- Your road rage is a little out of control lately.
- You cannot turn off your noisy brain no matter what you’re doing.
- You’re tired of all the drama life brings you.
- You have an injury and you just “push through it” without letting it heal.
- You want a little less chaos in your life.
- You cannot stop “multitasking” even when you shouldn’t be, like when you’re eating meals, at a red light, or in the bathroom.
- You’ve checked your smartphone while reading this informtion.
What is Restorative Yoga?
Restorative Yoga gives us the time in asana (pose) to open the body with the use of supportive props and correct
Classes also include pranayama (breathwork) to encourage an even deeper state of awareness.
- Balances the hormonal (endocrine) system
- Soothes the nervous system
- Replenishes our energy system
- Tones reproductive organs (both for women and men)
- Promotes healthy menstruation, pre and post menopause
- Calms the mind and encourages mindfulness, helping to relieve mild anxiety
- Nourishes the digestive system
- Restorative poses will leave you feeling nourished and well rested. These classes are a means of allowing you to just ‘stop and be’.
- These poses support us and allow us to relax our grip on whatever our minds and bodies are holding tightly, so that we can rest, renew and build vitality.
- From my Yoga teaching experience – the less you do the more powerful and transformational your practice will be.
Juice Cleanse (Optional) - please advise at time of enrolment if you'd like to do the cleanse
The Juice Cleanse is by far the most important food for the day. It contains all the base living nutrients that your body needs to naturally clean, repair, maintain and energise your body.
Fresh fruit and vegetable juices are the heart of the cleanse process. It is from fresh fruits and vegetables that we get the most potent living nutrients that are responsible for the repairing, cleaning and rejuvenating the body.
6:30 Optional Sunrise Breathwork & Meditation
9:00 Free Time and/or Massage
11:00 Restorative Yoga Class
12:30 Lunch /Cooking Class
13:00 Free Time and/or Massage
17:30 Sunset Beach Walk and Yoga on the Beach
20:30 Free Time
Itinerary and times are subject to change.
Your Balance for Life experience includes: 2 nights accommodation and all delicious & healthy meals.
Our Food for your Soul meals on this retreat are sattvic - meaning it brings peace and enhances the wellbeing of the body, mind and spirit. Your meals will be colourful, beautiful in flavour with aesthetic appeal and plentiful. We believe food should be sustainable, pure and real - supporting and nourishing your body and mind to cleanse and heal.
We will make every effort to accommodate food allergies (i.e. gluten, vegetarian etc), however we will do the best we can to cater for your needs.
For safety reasons we are unable to accept guests who have a fatal allergy to any foods. We are not equipped to serve separate meals and as the closest hospital is 2 hours away we prefer not to put anyone at risk.
GETTING READY TO GO
What to Pack
- You may wish to bring your own ‘special’ pillow
- 2-4 sets of workout gear (shorts and sports tops) as a minimum and 2 pairs of shoes (1 old pair, just in case one pair gets wet).
- Comfortable stretch pants and fitted T’s
- Yoga Mat (Balance for Life can supply a mat if you do not have your own.
- Raincoat (wet season)
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Warmer clothes (dry season)
Balance for Life will always make ‘healthy snacks’ however please feel free to pack some of your own ‘special’ snacks and beverages.
Free time is allocated each day so you may wish to bring a book or craft.
Staying in touch
Telstra is the only mobile reception in Dundee.
Ensure you have 1 lockable bag for your valuables.
"Be prepared to challenge yourself, have a lot of fun and most importantly pack an open mind and a belly full of laughs! You are about to have a very unique Territory experience".
Benefits of Massage: - Eases muscle pain - Improves circulation - Better quality sleep - Helps reduce anxiety and depression - Reduces stress levels$75.00
Your Balance for Life experience includes: - 2 nights accommodation - 6 delicious & healthy meals. Accommodation: 1 x queen bed or 2 x king single beds. The following are not included in your package: - Dundee transfers – if required please contact Balance for Life - Bottled drinks such as soft drinks Participant must read and fully understand the Terms and Conditions.$897.00
Your Balance for Life experience includes: - 2 nights accommodation - 6 delicious & healthy meals. Accommodation: 2 king single beds. The following are not included in your package: - Dundee transfers – if required please contact Balance for Life - Bottled drinks such as soft drinks Participant must read and fully understand the Terms and Conditions.$597.00
Book Now - Pay in Instalments
Great option if you wish to pay the retreat off over the coming months/weeks. So we are able to hold a spot for you, a deposit of $200 is payable at the time of booking. Balance for Life will forward you a tax invoice upon booking for the full amount and will await to receive your proposed payment plan. Please note: the amount on the tax invoice will be dependent upon whether you book a twin share or a single room.$200.00